About The Event
With a booming population and high incidences of lifestyle diseases, demand for high-quality and accessible healthcare services has been growing at an unprecedented rate in the Middle East. Healthcare spending in the GCC is expected to hit $69 billion by 2020.
Realizing the massive potential, and with constant technological advances changing the industry around them, investors are eagerly scouring the market for opportunities, while healthcare providers search for funds to match their service delivery to the level of demand. But these stakeholders are facing a number of barriers, as well as a fast-paced digital future.
At its inaugural healthcare event, Forbes Middle East will provide a platform for regulators, senior leaders, experts and investors to discuss the challenges they are facing during this transformational phase and share lessons from the best practices across the world.
5pm: Arrival and networking reception
5.45pm: Welcome address and keynote speech
6pm: Spotlight by Dr. Stephen Brookes, The University of Manchester
6:15pm: The Plan: Shaping the future of healthcare
Dhiraj Joshi, Partner, Healthcare Strategy & Deals, PwC
- Dr. Azad Moopen – Founder, Chairman and Managing Director, Aster DM Healthcare
- Dr Ibtesam Al Bastaki – Director of Investment and Partnership, Dubai Health Authority
- Dr Thumbay Moideen – President and Founder, Thumbay Group
- Mohammed Ali Al Shorafa Al Hammadi – Managing Director and CEO, UEMedical
- Zanubia Shams – Co-Chairperson, Zulekha Healthcare Group
7:15pm: Aiming for the Next Breakthrough: Finding a balance in pharma
Karl Mackenzie, Partner, Delivering Deal Value Middle East Leader, PwC
- Amin Al Amiri – Assistant Under-secretary, MoH
- Rami Rajab – Chairman, MECOMED
- Yacoub Haddad – Director Government Affairs, AbbVie Biopharmaceuticals
8pm: Machine Medicine: Are we ready for 3D printing, robotics and AI?
Hamish Clark, Partner, Middle East Health Industries, PwC
- Bassam Shehada – Head of Market and Business Development, Roche Diagnostics
- Michael Pomerance – Vice President and General Manager, MEA, Cerner ME
- Dr Raza Siddiqui – Group CEO, Arabian Healthcare Group
- Said Haddad – Managing Director, Medical Devices